Thursday, November 29, 2007

Why are you reading this?

I've been kicking around the idea of getting a blog just to avoid maintaining my web site. Right now with working two different jobs, its hard to get time to do anything (my other computer has been broken for 3 months), and you have to force yourself to not do work, to avoid lapsing into a state of carelessness.

Anyway, I've had a website for the past 5 years (never had much on it, mainly I just use it as a fileserver), and I'm not sure I really want to put anything important on it, because if I put on anything that gets alot of hits (wishful thinking), my service will be cancelled for exceeding bandwidth limitations. I want to get a new webserver, but I think that this will handle what I need for now.

Anyway, I haven't really decided what kind of content I'm going to post on here yet, whether it's going to be serious or not (I haven't decided on a title yet), but I do know that I will try my best to avoid another ranting blog about my daily life and add to the polution of the Internet. I've seen many blogs that are full of stuff like this:

I got up this morning and brushed my teeth, and took a shower, and pet my cat because my cat Mr. Bubbles is the most amazing cat, and then I talked to Brandon and Josh, and we went to the mall blah blah blah.....

and in the end nobody really cares.

Well, I am going to post some links in the right hand column of this page, and I will hopefully get to write some interesting articles later this week.

No comments: