Friday, November 7, 2008

New Web Site

This past week I've been working on a new website, dedicated to studying the Bible. The website is called BibleWiki and can be found at http://BibleWiki.us .

I've started this website because I believe that God wanted to to do it. It's something that would be useful, because I've found most bible-study websites to be lacking, and I've got some great features in store for the site. The site is a wiki using the Wikipedia engine (MediaWiki), so it's syntax and functionality should be familiar to many people. I've started adding a small set of stub articles to the site, and if you're interested in helping out please come over, create an account, and start editing! You don't need to be a pastor to edit BibleWiki, you just need to love the Lord and share what he's been teaching you.

You can help out by expanding the existing articles, by creating new articles, or by documenting existing articles against scripture. You can also post Christian reviews of your favorite Christian book, website, or movie.

The goal is to provide Christians with a consistant resource for studying scripture, confronting false teaching, and sharing Christ with unbelievers by providing information to answer thier questions.

I've added the usual non-profit donate buttons, but the site isn't an official non-profit, and I don't expect to get many donations anyway, but I do have to pay for the servers, and for the time spent working on the site that I could be doing other things, and my car's starting to be in bad shape, so anything I receive would be awesome, and would enable me to start working on those features I just told you about.

No comments: